The duct system in your house carries warmed and cooled air from your HVAC system to each area of your home. Well-functioning ducts are essential for energy efficiency and home comfort. At Blue Fox Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing, we offer duct installation services in West Lafayette, plus full AC repair so you and your family can enjoy a comfortable and clean home environment.
Importance of Proper Duct Design
In addition to the mechanical aspects of your HVAC system, ductworks play a significant role in the efficiency and effectiveness of your home’s heating and cooling.
A well-designed air duct plan properly accounts for the following:
- Capacity. The type of HVAC system, the load requirements, and duct locations all factor into determining what size ducts should be used. If ducts are too small, not enough air will flow into your home and the mechanical components will be overly stressed. Air will struggle to reach all the vents causing uneven temperatures in the home when ducts are too large. The HVAC will struggle to reach the set temperature when ducts are improperly sized. This leads to more repairs and will reduce the system’s lifespan.
- Air Distribution. The unimpeded flow of air is important to allow the system to operate efficiently. The number of bends, the number of branches off the system’s main trunk, and the placement of vents all determine the amount of air delivered to each room in the home.
- Insulation. Because ducts are made of thin materials, insulation around them is crucial to limit the loss of air traveling through them. Insulation helps keep the temperature regulated as it journeys from the unit into the rooms. Condensation in the ducts is also less likely to occur. Improperly insulated ducts waste money, losing up to 30% of the energy used to heat and cool your home.
Even if the design includes the right capacity, air distribution, and insulation, your system will still be inadequate if it isn’t properly installed. Ductwork should be free of kinks and properly supported. Ducts should not lay on the ground.
Call Blue Fox Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing today at (765) 252-0051 to schedule an HVAC consultation and estimate in West Lafayette!
Consequences of Poorly Functioning Air Ducts
Poorly functioning air ducts leads to higher energy bills, but that’s just the beginning. Squirrels and other animals can get in and tear up poorly sealed ducts. The components of the HVAC system will also break more often and won’t last as long as they should. Rooms won’t maintain the desired temperature leaving the entire family less comfortable. Dust, mold, and mildew can more accumulate in the ducts causing allergies and other health problems.
It is probably time to replace the ducts if:
- Your current ductwork is improperly installed
- The air coming from the vents smells funny
- Your family is having more allergy problems and respiratory issues
- The ducts are too small for your heating and cooling needs
- Your ducts are more than 20 years old
- Odd noises can be heard as the air travels through the ducts
- You notice temperature changes in the rooms
- Your energy bills are higher than normal
New Duct Installation & Replacement in West Lafayette
Whether you want to add central air conditioning to your home or your old ductwork needs to be replaced, we offer duct installation services that meet your needs. If your home doesn’t have ducts, we provide ductless heating and cooling solutions. Ducts that were not installed properly or have begun to corrode can significantly impact energy efficiency, resulting in hundreds or thousands of dollars per year in additional heating and cooling costs.
Our technicians are NATE certified, EPA certified, bonded, and insured. We consistently perform quality work using the best equipment for efficient duct installation in West Lafayette, IN. We provide free estimates for new installations!
For more information about our duct installation services, please contact Blue Fox Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing today!
“I would highly recommend Blue Fox for any heating and cooling.” - Tammy L.
“We felt like they were competent and respectful, trustworthy, not pushy and a product with a good warranty and price.” - Wendy K.
“Every single time the Blue Fox team has been able to impress with their timeliness and professional attitude.” - Ander S.
“He has always showed the upmost professionalism while being personable and knowledgeable at the same time!” - Charles B.
“I knew something about these systems going in, but they were always patient, helpful and accurate in answering my questions, including the installers Armando and Brett, who did a meticulous job and showed old-school pride of workmanship.” - Kerry R.
“Working with Cody C on the quote and scheduling was very easy.” - Joe S.
“From there the rest of the team was excellent from Brook bringing a window unit on her own time to hold me over to the service techs that came out to the house for the installation.” - Monica W.
“When someone does a job that goes the extra mile they need to be acknowledged.” - Tammy M.